Tuesday, April 12, 2011

What time is it???

Spring has sprung,
The grass has riz,
Do you know
What time it is?

Time for spring
 And time for fun!
It's time for all those
Spring time runs!

Ok So im a huge dork!  anyway its been a busy few weeks.  I have been one busy mama!  I ran another race on April 3rd.  i did a 10 mile Cherry Blossom run in DC which was awesome and so much fun!
Although, the morning of the race I was super jittery since I had not run one single day since the marathon 2 weeks before!  yikes!  Somehow I still managed to run 10 miles and actually do it in record time!  1 hr and 42 minutes and 3 seconds!  that is a 10:13 mile avg.  Crazy!  If it had been a half marathon I would have probably finished in about 2 hrs which is 35 mins faster than my first half!

I have also started doing P90X and am on the last day of my second week.  I will post my initial measurements later and then will update them after 30 days!  Im so going to have the beach body in time for the beach this year!!!I am continuing with running and working out each night and of course eating right.

speaking of eating, I have been asked about my meal planning that I do each week.  With such a busy lifestyle (working, mom, exercise, second business) and wanting to eat healthy, the only way for me to do that is to prepare my meals ahead of time so Im not scrounging throughout the week to make something for dinner.  Im going to try and post my weekly meals each sunday to help others see what I do and how easy it is to eat healthy in very little time even with a super busy schedule!

On Sundays I cook all of my meals for the whole week.  This takes about 2-4 hrs depending on what I make.  i can get most of it done during nap time.  This way all I have to do throughout the week is to pull food from the fridge each night and reheat.  Takes about 15 mins to make dinner and about 15 to clean up.  This leaves me more time to spend with my family before going to bed.

this week's menu:
We grilled all of our meat minus the fish we are going to eat this week.  We grilled 3 chicken breasts, 1 pork cut, 4 hamburgers, and 1 lb shrimp.

I washed and cut up fresh veggies for the week and placed them into ziplock bags:  broccoli, cauliflower, celery, carrots, turnips, peppers, onions, mushrooms, asparagus, spaghetti squash, zucchini,  and shredded cabbage.

Using my veggies I made a huge pot of veggie soup with the shredded cabbage, frozen spinach, turnips zucchini, onions, peppers, carrots, celery and 2 cans of diced tomatoes with the juice and about 3 cups of low sodium chicken broth gresh pressed garlic and spices to taste.  I usually take a bowl of this to lunch every day and will eat a bowl at dinner.  (very filling and low calorie)

Sunday:  we had the hamburgers that we grilled with fresh cut fries.  I cut potatoes into wedges and seasoned them with old bay and pepper and a tiny spray of olive oil and broiled them on a stone cookie sheet.  We also had steamed broccoli.


Monday dinner:  I made Quinoa for the first time and i diced up the chicken breasts that we grilled and tossed them into the Quinoa with some fresh steamed asparagus and 1 can of low calorie cream of chicken soup.  Delish.  I served this with fresh steamed cauliflower since my kids do not eat asparagus. 

Tuesday:  We will have spaghetti squash casserole:  I cut and cooked the spaghetti squash then removed it from the skin.  I placed it into the bottom of a baking dish.  I then added, onions, peppers, zucchini and fresh mushrooms and covered with home-made tomato sauce.  I will bake it for 15 mins tonight when i get home and dinner will be served.

Wednesday:  Shrimp Stir-fry:  Use the grilled shrimp and some of the veggies that have been cut up already and stirfry in a pan for a few minutes and within 15-20 mins dinner will be done!

Thurs:  I will cook the pork with a steamed veggie medley from the pre-cut veggies that i have.  I mad add some rice as well.

Fri:  broiled halibot and fresh steamed veggies for the kids.  i will have grilled halibot over a salad.  Maybe a baked potato.

Sat I don't usually plan for because i allow for one night of wiggle room.  We either eat any leftovers, make a pizza, or order out. 

This week I even made a breakfast for the week.  I used 12 egg whites and beat them, added frozen spinach, mushrooms, oinions, peppers, and garlic and baked it for 60 mins.  I have an egg casserole for the week!

I will update my meal plan each Sunday and put it in the good eats tab of my blog! 

hope this helps!

2 comments:

  1. Once again, you amaze me! Can you adopt me? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the quinoa soup - i can easily adapt for vegetarian version....and the spaghetti squash casserole sounds delish! thank you for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete