Tuesday, January 17, 2012

going down....

my weight that is!  I cant believe how much a few changes in eating can do to your weight.  Since right before the new year i have been really conscious of what I put into my mouth.  It has only been healthy options.  nothing processed, nothing with anything except 100% whole grain or whole wheat and no sugars.  I also watch sodium intake all which have added to a whopping 11 lb loss in 2 weeks!  crazy!  We even went to a hockey game on Friday and got there too late to grab dinner before the game, thanks to DC traffic and an accident that had us stuck in traffic for about 45 minutes.  We were really good and as hungry as we were, did not get anything to eat at the game.  they had nothing healthy to eat so we opted to just wait until after the game.  After the game I had grilled chicken, plain, with asparagus which were waaaaay too salty for me so i left them on the plate.  It felt so good waking up the next morning not feeling like a bloated pig! 

I have also become extremely addicted to the gym.  I go at least 4 times a week now and if I miss a day, I am completely bummed.  Last night was one of those nights.  Being a mom, my family comes first.  Things happen but that's OK.  I can pick back up and go tonight.  I'm back on my running schedule which is great since I have a marathon in 9 weeks!  yikes!  I ran 9 miles on the treadmill Friday and felt like I could have run 9 more!  

I know everyone has heard it a million times but diet and exercise really are the key to feeling great!  Since i have cut a lot of the bad things out of my diet, i feel totally different.  I am never bloated and I don't feel like  I have over eaten.  I have learned to doctor up foods so that they taste amazing but are still very healthy and beneficial to my body.  Add a tasty healthy diet to some sort of daily exercise and you are bound to feel better!  I really noticed this when I ran the other day.  I thought back to how bad I felt the day after Christmas when I went for a run and then how amazing I felt running 9 miles on Friday.  Huge difference and it all started with making a choice to change the way I was eating.

3 comments:

  1. amazing - you are so far away from the person you were when we first met on the highschool track and could barely run a lap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading this is helping me get re-motivated to get my rear in gear :-) Thank you for the much needed inspiration :-) Tiffiny

    ReplyDelete