Thursday, January 5, 2012

HAPPY NEW YEAR

2011
what an amazing year!
Not only did I have the time of my life watching my amazing kids accomplish new feats and grow over the past year, and grow closer to the love of my life, but i accomplished some very personal, and what seemed like unreachable, goals.  this was the year that I proved that I can do anything that I want as long as I really want it!  this was the year that the words "I can't" were replaced with "I will".  I realized that there is NOTHING that I can't do. 

I accomplished a feat that I would have considered to be impossible, and ran my 1st marathon.  Not only did I run one, I ran my second and now I'm training for my third!  who would have thought?  3 marathons in one calendar year!  crazy!  I never in a million years would have predicted 1 let alone 3!  the funny thing is, I'm still not done.  I want more!

I also changed career paths.  I always knew I was too bubbly and cheery to be stuck working in a lab. I decided to take a temporary position within my organization that would be completely out of my field.  Well i have been here since October and I absolutely love it!!!  I'm busy, happy, love my coworkers and I'm having a blast!  I don't know if I will ever go back to what I was doing.  The fact that I am happy at work has in turn made me a happy person all around.  My new job has me dressing super sassy and I even chopped my hair off for a super cute, fun, sexy, yet sophisticated new hair style!  My new job requires me to look nice so I am more conscious of my appearance which makes me more conscious of my weight.

As for my healthy eating, well I slipped off for a while.  I did not gain weight, but I also did not lose any.  During the holidays when I was at home I decided I was tired of sitting on the couch and I went to the gym.  Then I started doing Zumba and really took a look at my eating habits and started a 10 day challenge (that came in my Zumba dvd set) to drop a pants size.  Well, 5 days into my challenge and I have lost 5 lbs and my clothes are baggier!  I have been doing my Zumba dvds every day and I'm trying to get to the gym 4 times a week.   I can tell that this is the year that I am going to totally change myself!

I will start with getting back on track with blogging.  I'm going to do one later explaining my 10 day challenge and my awesome recipes that I am using to lose the weight and still maintain my energy.  I hope I have not lost too many people and I hope to gain more followers and I write about my journey to a healthier me!

No comments:

Post a Comment